The Association's activities include:
- EDUCATING Association members about Port business and proposed or recent changes in Federal policies and procedures;
- COMMUNICATING with Association members on issues regarding maritime and Port operations, County developments, environmental issues and their impacts on the port and on our members' businesses;
- ADVOCATING support for federal, state and local beneficial legislation and assisting members with facilitation services for those who have problems with the Port or need other assistance
- COORDINATING with port-related government agencies and programs to promote port business and our member businesses.
Benefits of membership include:
- INFORMATION - gain first-hand knowledge of ideas and plans which affect Port Everglades and port businesses at the city, county, state and federal levels;
- COOPERATIVE EFFORTS - unique opportunities to meet and work with members of Port Everglades staff, Broward County Commisssioners, Florida state legislators and U.S. Congressmen and Senators;
- NETWORKING & MARKETING - access to senior executives of major companies which conduct business in and around Port Everglades, including representatives of many Federal agencies, such as the USCG, US Customs and Dept. of Agriculture;
- PARTICIPATION IN PLANNING - as a member of the Port Everglades Association, you will have the opportunity to participate in one or more our our committees and thereby participate and gain input in the decision-making and planning relative to the future of Port Everglades;
- WEEKLY UPDATES ON PORT ISSUES - via newsletter, delivered by e-mail;
- MONTHLY BUSINESS LUNCHEON MEETINGS - held at Lauderdale Yacht Club, with opportunities to promote your firm and receive special recognition as a pre-luncheon reception sponsor.
Join us! Get involved in the business association at the fastest-growing seaport on the U.S. East Coast...we make it our business to help your business!